Our entire solar system relies on timing. One second off could instantly create an unstable environment. Our stable cosmos could quickly return to chaos. Planets and stars would eventually collide and cause great devastation. All because of bad timing. The earth spins on its axis every 24 hours. The earth orbits the sun exactly 365.26 days. The moon orbits earth 27.3 days. The perfect timing rotation and orbiting set by our Great Creator allowed previous generations to rely on these cycles and times for calendars, agriculture and navigation. If the timing was not reliable, planting and harvesting would be affected, people would be confused and lost while traveling, the seas would not stay within the boundary of the shoreline and weather would devastate our beautiful earth. Centuries ago before spacecraft’s, astronauts, Hubble telescope, and research; David looked up toward the heavens, and realized the details of God’s design and declared…
“When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers—the moon and the stars you set in place—what are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them?” (Psalms 8:3-4)
Before science and modern day technology, God gave David wisdom and insight to God’s creativity, His attention to microscopic detail and the ability set things to proper time.
No one likes to wait for the things we desire. When we get impatient we must remember God has perfect timing. Consider these timing issues:
Most valuable things require a significant amount of time to plan and create.
- An oak tree takes 40 years to mature.
- Food prepared in the kitchen and cooked in the conventional oven is a lot better than microwave dinners.
- It takes 5 to 20 years for a salt water pearl to form. The longer the years; the bigger the pearl, ladies!
- You can build a barn in a day. It takes months to build a beautiful home.
- Ferrari’s are a handmade workmanship by tradesmen. They are not made by a robotic assembly line like the common Ford, Chevy or Toyota that is built in a day. Ferrari’s require 3 weeks to be hand built. A common car on average can be purchased around $20,000 to $40,000. The fabulous Ferrari can be purchased for $192,000.
Try to not be impatient. Don’t get ahead of God and don’t get behind God.
- When we get ahead of God we usually make decisions that cause us trouble down the road. Impatience can cause bad debt, bad decisions and a partial plan that leaves out crucial details.
- Marrying someone too soon can position you for heartache in the future. Take time to really get to know someone. Ask a lot of questions and observe how they react under pressure.
- Wait for God to give you His “YES” on the decision. God’s “yes” will probably look like…
- You will have peace in your heart. No anxiousness. No peer pressure.
- You will not have to hide the decision from your friends and family.
- You will not have to cheat anyone.
- It will not put your future or family in jeopardy.
- It will not require you to break your values or cause you to sin.
- It will align with God’s Word.
Remember, when God is creating something for you… it will be worth the wait. He creates PERFECT things.
- Psalms 18:30 “God’s way is perfect. All the LORD’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.”
- God doesn’t create junk. God is classy. God has expensive taste. Just read what Heavens gates and roads are made of. (Revelation 21:21)
- God has perfect blessings in store for you. No one can take your blessing from you.
Waiting on God’s timing will require you to exercise trust. When we trust God, He promises to show us the right way.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORDwith all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
- Trust God that there’s a reason why it’s not happening on your time.
- Trust God that He is aligning everything behind the scenes.
As far as I know, David did not have formal training in medical school, but God gave him the understanding that our bodies are detailed; therefore, David understood that God was concerned about the details of his life. David trusted God with the details of his life. He knew that God was had the knowledge and the ability with timing.
Psalms 139:13-18, “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!”
If we can trust God to keep the planets spinning in perfect time, then friend, I believe we can trust God’s timing to open the right doors and bring the right blessings into our life. Wait for God’s timing, it will be perfect.