by David Shannon Wooten – February 6, 2018
Day Thirty-One: Love Is The Better Way
Galatians 5:6b, “…The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.”
WE ARE A BETTER VERSION OF OURSELF WHEN WE LOVE.
To illustrate this principle, let’s think about anger. Anger appears to be opposite of love. Everyone experiences some level of anger. Anger is a justified human emotion. However, we are instructed in the Bible, “In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry,” (Ephesians 4:26).
God doesn’t expect us to never be angry. He does want us to consider how we express our anger. Is it possible to be angry and still love? We can. We just need to carefully choose the right reaction to our emotion of anger.
Keep this in mind, people are not getting the best out of you when you are doing the opposite of love.
- My anger should motivate me to resolve the situation as quickly as I can and not let it linger for days.
- Anger should not lead me to seek revenge or hurt someone or personally attack them with my words.
- Anger should not be permitted to destroy my relationships.
- I can be angry and still communicate a course of action that brings resolution.
No matter if it’s anger, any other emotion or situation, the better version of you is when you act in love.
WE BRING THE BEST OUT OF PEOPLE WHEN WE LOVE.
Someone didn’t give up on you. They believed in you. Someone cared enough to help, correct, encourage and instruct you. Someone demonstrated an action of love and it impacted your life. The action of love always brings positive results.
When you love you bring the best out of people by…
- seeing the good in them that they may not be able to see.
- speaking the right words to help their perspective or change their emotion.
- helping discover solutions to their problems.
When love goes up, everything goes up. Love is always the better way.
What is God revealing about Himself through this scripture?
What do you hear God saying to you in this scripture?
How does this apply to your life?
Rephrase this scripture to a personal prayer for you. Give God thanks for how He is revealing Himself through this scripture. Request His help.
For further encouragement about God’s love and “Being” God’s love, you can listen to Newspring “Love” message series at newspringlive.com/watch-read/media